Pont vers Premier intervenant en régions isolées (50h) - Sainte-Adèle, QC - 6 au 10 octobre 2023 - SRI3-4335
**Course in French**
October 6th 8h30 à 17h30 + 18h30 à 22h00
October 7th 8h30 à 17h30
October 8th 8h30 à 17h30 + 18h30 à 22h00 (Simulation)
October 9th 8h30 à 17h30
October 10th 8h30 à 17h30
2685 rue Rolland, Local 301
Sainte-Adèle (Québec) J8B 1C9
Sirius courses are physically demanding and require a great deal of concentration. It is therefore important that you arrive rested. We also recommend that you refrain from additional activities during lunch breaks, and on the evenings preceding the course days. Sirius requires full attendance and participation throughout the entire course. If, for any reason, you are unable to attend any of the course segments, please call head office to discuss the possibilities.
Following registration, you will receive the complete course manual in electronic form by e-mail. We now prefer to use the online encyclopedia, as it features multiple videos, is interactive, is constantly updated and helps us minimize our ecological footprint. However, you can still purchase a paper version if you prefer. Sirius courses are designed to provide students with a strong hands-on component, consisting of real-life simulations and practical trials. We provide the specialized teaching materials required, including: First aid supplies and equipment, bandages, splints, backboards, etc. First-aid kits and equipment used during demonstrations and practical sessions. Complete make-up and accessory kits for simulations. Accident report forms and course documents.
What to bring to the course
During remote first-aid training, you use equipment that you would normally carry with you on a trip lasting more than 24 hours. Participants must bring the following equipment to class:
- A bottle of water
- Watch with second hand to measure vital signs
- Pen and paper
- Comfortable clothes and shoes for indoor courses - risk of getting dirty
- Outdoor clothing suitable for outdoor activities (rain or shine)
- Small backpack for carrying equipment during simulations
- Old sleeping bag and clothes for outdoor simulations - risk of getting dirty
- Foam floor mats for outdoor sessions and as immobilization/restraint material
- Tarp, backdrop or floor mat (3 m x 3 m) for simulations and patient/victim care
- Rope, 5 mm x 5 m, for patient/victim care
- A headlamp (when evening sessions are scheduled)
- We recommend that you bring a computer or tablet (preferably not a cell phone) to consult the online encyclopedia during your training.
- Participants will have the chance to purchase the field manual at a reduced price when they register ($24.95 instead of the regular price of $34.95).
Participants' knowledge and skills are assessed throughout the course by means of review sessions, tests and exams, and continuous evaluation of skill acquisition. Participants' knowledge and skills are also assessed on the last day of training through a multiple-choice exam, which is reviewed and corrected in class. Students in advanced courses (Advanced First Aid and First Responder) also take a practical exam.
Sirius course certificates are valid for three years. To keep their knowledge and skills up to date, participants are encouraged to attend frequent training sessions, on-the-job training and refresher courses once a year. Many of our customers take refresher courses while their certification is still in force.
*Course cancellation by SIRIUSMEDx
SIRIUSMEDx reserves the right to cancel a course if the minimum number of participants is not reached. If SIRIUSMEDx cancels a course due to insufficient participants, SIRIUSMEDx will refund the full course fee or transfer the course to another available date.
**Usual cancellation policy:
If you cancel a course 30+ days before it is due to start, the full course fee will be refunded.
If you cancel a course between 15 and 29 days before the start of the course, you will be refunded 50% of the fees paid OR we will transfer your registration to a subsequent available date (1 year), subject to a $25 administration fee.
If you cancel 14 days or less before the course start date, there is no refund. We can also move your registration to a later date (1 year), for a fee of $45.