Secourisme avancé en régions isolées (40h) - Sainte-Adèle, QC - 10 au 13 novembre 2023 - SRI2-4348
**Course in French**
November 10 8h30 à 17h30 + 18h30 à 22h00
November 11 8h30 à 17h30
November 12 8h30 à 17h30 + 18h30 à 22h00 (Simulation)
November 13 8h30 à 17h30
2685 Rolland Street, Suite 301
Sainte-Adèle (Québec) J8B 1C9
The courses offered by Sirius are physically demanding and require a great deal of concentration. It is therefore important that you arrive rested. We also recommend that you refrain from additional activities during meal breaks and on the evenings preceding the course days. Sirius requires the full presence and participation of the participants during the entire training. If, for any reason, you are unable to participate in any of the course segments, please call the head office to discuss options.
Following registration, you will receive the complete course manual in electronic form by e-mail. We now prefer to use the online encyclopedia, as it features multiple videos, is interactive, is constantly updated and helps us minimize our ecological footprint. However, you can still purchase a paper version if you prefer. Sirius courses are designed to provide students with a strong hands-on component, consisting of real-life simulations and practical trials. We provide the specialized teaching materials required, including: First aid supplies and equipment, bandages, splints, backboards, etc. First-aid kits and equipment used during demonstrations and practical sessions. Complete make-up and accessory kits for simulations. Accident report forms and course documents.
What to bring to the course ?
During first aid training in isolated areas, you use equipment that you normally carry with you on a trip lasting more than 24 hours. Participants must bring the following equipment to class:
- A bottle of water
- Watch with second hand (or digital) to measure vital signs
- A pen and paper
- Comfortable clothing and shoes for indoor classes - risk of getting dirty
- Outdoor clothing suitable for outdoor activities (rain or shine)
- Small backpack for carrying equipment during simulations
- Old sleeping bag and old clothes for outdoor simulations - risk of getting dirty
- Foam floor mats for outdoor sessions and as immobilization/contention material
- Tarp, backdrop or floor mat (3 m x 3 m) for simulation and patient/victim care
- Rope, 5 mm x 5 m, for patient/victim care
- A headlamp (when evening sessions are scheduled)
- We recommend that you bring a computer or tablet (preferably not a cell phone) to consult the online encyclopedia during your training.
- Participants will have the chance to purchase the field manual at a reduced price when they register ($24.95 instead of the regular price of $34.95).
Participants' knowledge and skills are assessed throughout the training through review sessions, tests and exams, and ongoing evaluation of skill acquisition. Participants' knowledge and skills are also evaluated on the last day of training through a multiple-choice exam, which is reviewed and corrected in class. Students in advanced training (advanced first aid and first responder) are also subject to a practical exam.
Sirius course certificates are valid for a period of three years. In order to keep their knowledge and skills up to date, participants are encouraged to attend frequent training sessions, on-the-job training, as well as refresher courses once a year. Many of our clients take refresher courses while their certification is still in effect.
*Course cancellation by SIRIUSMEDx
SIRIUSMEDx reserves the right to cancel a course if the minimum number of participants is not reached. If SIRIUSMEDx cancels a course due to insufficient participants, SIRIUSMEDx will refund the full course fee or transfer the course to another available date.
**Standard cancellation policy:
If you cancel a course 30+ days before it is due to start, you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel between 15 and 29 days before the course start date, you will be refunded 50% of the fees paid OR we will transfer your registration to a subsequent available date (1 year), subject to a $25 administration fee.
If you cancel 14 days or less before the course start date, no refund is possible. We can also move your registration to a later date (1 year), for a fee of $45.