Wilderness First Responder (80h)
This course is intended for members of search and rescue teams, outdoor professionals who work in isolated areas and anyone who wishes to acquire a solid foundation in pre-hospital emergency care administered in isolated areas.
There are two possible paths to certification as a remote area first responder:
1. Take the First Responder in Remote Areas course (80 hours)
2. Take the Advanced Isolated Area First Responder course (40 hours) + the 50-hour refresher course - in the same year.
Theoretical and practical notions of first aid in remote areas: situation management, leadership, duties and responsibilities of the rescuer, injury prevention, specialized first aid kits, wound care and management of trauma victims. (Theory covered in the 40h and 80h)
- This course also focuses on traumatic injuries, the incident command system, long-term care, group leader duties and responsibilities, specialized first aid kits, wound cleansing, evacuation procedures, helicopter safety, high altitude, search and rescue, and working with emergency medical services. (Theory covered in the 50h and 80h)
Includes *: CPR-AED for healthcare professionals (Adult, child and infant).
*The CPR-AED module is mandatory for SIRIUSMEDx certification. It is included in our courses.
865$ /8 days (WFA4-80h)
520$ /5 days (Add-on module-50h)
COMBO! Participants who take the SARI-40hr course + the 50hr add-on module in the same year get the combo for $865, as if they had enrolled in a PIRI-50h-80h course.
*Ne peut être jumelé à aucune autre offre, ne peut être offert si un rabais a été appliqué à la formation SARI.
- 80h - The Remote Area First Responder Training (80h) is given over an 8-day period, 8 hours per day, with 4 sessions of 4 hours in the evening. It is also possible to build a course schedule according to the needs of the group.
- 50h - The First Responder in Remote Areas (50h) module is given over a period of 5 days at a rate of 8 hours per day, with 2 evening sessions of 4 hours each. It is also possible to build a course schedule according to the needs of the group.
- The training includes theory from the classroom, as well as realistic hands-on activities and simulations to develop the required skills.
Nearly half of the class time is devoted to hands-on activities.
- 80h - No previous first aid experience is required.
- 50h - To be eligible for this add-on module, the participant must have completed or renewed the Advanced Isolated Area First Aid (SARI-40h) certification within the last 12 months.
- Participants must be in good physical condition.
To requalify, you must follow, before your certification expires :
- Bridge to First Responder in Remote Areas (PIRI-50h) OR
- First responder in isolated areas (WFA-80h)