Advanced Wilderness First Aid (AWFA-40h)
This training is now the minimum standard for outdoor professionals working in wilderness areas. It is highly recommended for any worker who works in remote areas. The course content goes well beyond that of urban first aid programs and goes into greater depth on the specific aspects of first aid in remote areas beyond the reach of emergency medical services.
Theoretical and practical concepts of first aid in remote areas, particularly situation management, leadership, duties and responsibilities of the rescuer, injury prevention, specialized first aid kits, wound care and management of trauma victims.
Included*: CPR-AED General Public, Level C (Adult, Child and Infant).
*The CPR-AED module is mandatory for SIRIUSMEDx certification. It is included in our courses.
515$ / 4 days
- The traditional Advanced Wilderness First Aid course is delivered over a 4-day period, 8 hours per day, with 4-hour evening sessions on Day 1 and Day 3. It is also possible to build a course schedule according to the needs of the group.
- The training includes theory from the classroom, as well as realistic hands-on activities and simulations to develop the required skills.
Nearly half of the class time is devoted to hands-on activities.
- No previous first aid experience is required.
- Participants must be in good physical condition.
To requalify, you must follow, before your certification expires :
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA-20h) OR
- Hybride requalification Wilderness First Aid OR
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid (AWFA-40h)