Advanced Wilderness First Aid (40h) - Montréal, QC - January 13/14 and 20/21, 2024 - WFA2-4425
**Courses in English**
January 13th, 8h30 to 17h30 + 18h30 to 22h00
January 14th, 8h30 to 17h30
January 20th, 8h30 to 17h30 + 18h30 to 22h00
January 21st, 8h30 to 17h30
Cegep John Abbott College
21 275 Lakeshore Road
Sirius courses demand both a high level of concentration and some physical effort. It is important to arrive at your course well-rested. We recommended that you avoid planning additional activities during meals or evenings between course days. Sirius requires full participation and attendance in our courses. If for any reason you are not able to participate in any component of the course, contact our office to see if alternative arrangements may be made.
Sirius courses are designed to provide students with practical experience that incorporates hands-on learning and realistic simulations. All specialized teaching aids are provided by Sirius, including: First aid equipment and supplies such as: bandages, splints, spinal boards, etc. First aid kits and materials used in demonstrations and practical sessions. Complete make-up kits and props for realistic simulations. Accident report forms and course handouts
Material to bring
Wilderness first aid training programs involve the use of equipment that you would normally have along with you during an overnight excursion. Participants are required to bring the following equipment to a course:
- A bottle of water
- A watch with seconds hand to measure vital signs
- A pen and paper
- Comfortable clothing and shoes for indoor classes - risk of getting dirty
- Outdoor clothing suitable for outdoor activities (rain or shine)
- A backpack for carrying equipment during simulations
- Old sleeping bag and old clothes for outdoor simulations - risk of getting dirty
- Foam floor mats for outdoor sessions and as immobilization/restraint material
- Tarp, backdrop or floor mat (3 m x 3 m) for simulation and patient/victim care
- Rope, 5 mm x 5 m, for patient/victim care
- A headlamp (when evening sessions are scheduled)
We recommend that you bring a computer or tablet (preferably not a cell phone) to consult the online encyclopedia during your training
Participants will have the chance to purchase the field manual at a reduced price when they register ($24.95 instead of the regular price of $34.95)
Participant skills and knowledge are evaluated throughout the course in review sessions, quizzes and through ongoing assessment of skill acquisition. Participant skills and knowledge are also evaluated on the final day of the course. This includes a multiple-choice exam that is corrected and reviewed in class. For advanced courses (AWFA and WFR), there is a final practical exam.
Sirius course certificates are valid for a period of three years. In order to keep their knowledge and skills up to date, participants are encouraged to attend frequent training sessions, on-the-job training, as well as refresher courses once a year. Many of our clients take refresher courses while their certification is still in effect.
*Course cancellation by SIRIUSMEDx :
SIRIUSMEDx reserves the right to cancel a course if the minimum number of participants is not reached. If SIRIUSMEDx cancels a course due to insufficient participants, SIRIUSMEDx will refund the full course fee or transfer the course to another available date.
**Usual cancellation policy :
1. If you cancel a course 30+ days before it is due to start, the full course fee will be refunded.
2. If you cancel a course between 15 and 29 days before the start of the course, you will be refunded 50% of the fees paid OR we will transfer your registration to a subsequent available date (1 year), subject to a $25 administration fee.
3. If you cancel 14 days or less before the course start date, there is no refund. We can also move your registration to a later date (1 year), for a fee of $45.